<-- Switch! Workshop
Housing Registration -->
One of our goals at Nocturne Blues is to provide opportunities to perform and compete for all skill levels- so sign up and have fun with it!
Details and contest rules will also be posted here: http://nocturneblues.com/comps
“I do not try to dance better than anyone else. I only try to dance better than myself.” --Mikhail Baryshnikov
** Competition Entry is refundable until July 19th at Noon.
Begin your Registration
Jack and Jill
A Jack & Jill is a competition where you are paired with a dancer of the opposite role at random. You do not need to sign up with a partner. This competition is very popular in the Blues Dance world because it shows off your skills as a social dancer, and your ability to dance with anyone and everyone on the dance floor! It is also a fun, low-pressure way to begin showing off your dance skills in front of others.
** You can only sign up for one J&J competition, regardless of your role. The purpose of the Novice & Intermediate competitions is to showcase & encourage the dancing of our newer dancers. Come and show your support!
-- Sunday Afternoon --Novice Level
- For those who have never made finals in any blues competition (Newcomer or otherwise) in the role you are competing in.
-- Friday Evening --Open Level
- For those who have never made finals in an Open, Advanced, or Invitational blues competition in the role you are competing in.
- Everyone can participate. However, if you are an Intermediate or Novice level dancer you may want to participate in the Jack & Jill competitions on Sunday afternoon.
Available Price Points:
- $ 10.00 US - Newcomer and Novice (expired 2016-07-20)
- $ 10.00 US - Intermediate (expired 2016-07-20)
- $ 10.00 US - Open (expired 2016-07-20)
Switch! Jack & Jill
Sunday: Prelims 11pm, Finals 12:45am
$10.00 US (expired 2016-07-20)
- Open Level - everyone can participate
- A Jack & Jill competition is one where you are paired with a partner at random.
- During this comp you will be judged on blues aesthetic, leading, following, and how well you Switch! between them.
Solo Tribute Challenge
Our new Solo Tribute Challenge!
- You have 90 seconds to show us how you embody and interpret the movement of your favorite historical solo blues artist.
- Prelims are by video. Video submissions are due on June 13th. Three finalists will be selected to perform at the Saturday late night.
- Please register and pay by June 13th to be qualified to participate in prelims.
More details on the Solo Challenge & submitting your videos can be found here: http://NocturneBlues.com/solo-challenge$10.00 US (expired 2016-06-13)
Saturday: Prelims in the Afternoon, Finals in the evening
In honor of our "Culture and History" theme, we are repeating our Challenge Strictly Competition
Participants will be judged on 3 different genres of blues dancing - Slow Drag, Struttin', and Latin Rhythms.
A Strictly is a competition where you bring your own partner to compete with, and you do not dance with anyone else.
Only one person in the partnership needs to register. Please include your partner's name in the space provided below.
Open Level - Everyone can participate
Details on the Challenge Strictly will be posted here: www.NocturneBlues.com/challenge$20.00 US (expired 2016-07-20)